Tarumae San Festival
- 4-5-6 Asahi-machi, Tomakomai-shi, Hokkaido
- Division in charge of Camps
- Sports Promotion Office, General Policy Department
- Phone number
- Latitude 42.37 degrees north
- Longitude 141.3634 degrees east
- Tomakomai City is located in southwestern Hokkaido facing the Pacific Ocean. It enjoys excellent connectivity and ease of access to and from Tokyo. There are over 50 domestic flights per day from Tokyo to New Chitose Airport. It takes a mere 30 minutes from the airport to the city centre.
- Highest recorded summer temperature 29.7 degrees Celsius (as of July 2014)
- Light snowfall in winter
- Moderate, comfortable climatic conditions throughout the year
- Fresh, natural, mineral-rich spring water, naturally filtered from the foothills of Mt. Tarumae and its surrounding forests.
- The largest catch of "giant" surf clam in Japan. A highly recommended popular local delicacy.
- Tomakomai City was Japan's first officially designated "Sports City" (in 1966). 2016 will mark our half-centenary as an official Sports City.
Sports facilities in this training camp venues
Results 1-1 of 1
- Sort by distance from the nearest airport
Hokkaido and Tohoku Regions / Hokkaido / Tomakomai City
Midorigaoka Park Athletics Stadium was originally built in May 1981. It was reopened as a new athletics stadium on 3rd July 2015 after reconstruction work. It is used not only by regional citizens, bu...
This facility provides training areas for the following sports:
- Olympic Sports
The facility has been added to the List.
To view the facilities you have saved, click "View List" at the top of this page.
The facility has been removed from the List.
This facility cannot be added to the List.
The List has reached its capacity of 10 facilities. To add a new facility, please remove unneeded facilities from the List.